march sixth and I still can’t ride my bike… cuz I love my bike so much. oh my god, bikes.
Someone was riding their bike March 5th when it got all snowy and shitty. Geez, Bridget, get with it.
It’s time for another Ghibli Jam! Once again this year it will be running from the 3rd until the 9th of march (next week!!!) For those new to Ghibli Jam it’s a week long art/comics/cosplay/literally anything creative Studio Ghibli inspired jam, where we all come together and create things inspired by the films (and games) we’ve come to love.
- Ghibli Jam is open to all submissions! However please keep them safe for work/kids.
- Submit your art HERE, I’ll also be checking the tag “ghibli jam 2014” as well but tumblr tags can be a bit weird sometimes so just submitting straight to the blog will probably be the safest option.
- When you submit please remember to include a link to your blog/website so people can find more of your art.
- Please only submit something you have made yourself (you’d think this would go without saying but it happened last year…)
- Please only submit new art, the idea is to encourage people to create something new during the week, rather than just submitting older stuff they’ve made in the past.
- Your submissions might take a little while to go up, be patient (there’s only one of me, sadly) but if a few days go by and it isn’t up send me a message and i’ll sort it out.
Last year was a great success, with about 300 submissions in the end. I hope this year will be just as good or even better, so if you can help spread the world (reblogs etc) that would be greatly appreciated! Have fun and if you have any questions send me a message. I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.
Ooh , this looks fun.
Global use of ‘Fahrenheit’ or ‘Celsius’Because Celsius actually makes fucking sense lol
all of the temperatures “Make fucking sense”
celcius is how temperature relates to water
farenheit is how temperature relates to people
and kelvin is how temperature relates to molecules thank you very much.
Uh, actually, both Celsius and Fahrenheit relate to water. Fahrenheit originally started out related to (salt) water AND people, but now it’s the whole water freezes at 32° and at 212° it becomes steam. With the whole 180° in between thing. And being at sea level. MATH! ALSO, SCIENCE! Both are good.
Fahrenheit CAN BE confusing to us metric users, who like our divisibles of 10s. EASY MATH! *thumbs up*
What Sloane said!!
We are proud to officially announce our lineup for Linework 2014!
Art by Special Guest Michael DeForge.
Whew! And we even have a couple of surprises left up our sleeves… Stay tuned for late-breaking additions, interviews with our exhibitors, and much more. Winnowing down to this final list was very difficult, and we had to leave lots of creators off that we would have loved to host at the show, but in the end we can’t believe what an amazing array of illustrators, cartoonists, and publishers have chosen to exhibit with us our first year! Thank you!
see ya there!!!
I want to go to this! this looks so cool!
This does look cool. Oh man, I need to go to more conventions.
I remember a while back, some people were commenting on how I doodle/sketch with ink. All, “omg, how can you do that? It’s so permanent. You’re so brave. What if you make a mistake?” And I was just like, “What? It’s a doodle. Who cares?” It seems silly to be afraid of something I can scribble over or start fresh.